Τετάρτη 16 Ιανουαρίου 2013

nmap: error while loading shared libraries

A small post because every time I am trying to install the latest version of nmap on a linux box I get the same error and every time I search google because I don't remember the solution.

So, if you want the latest version of nmap on your debian box you can download the latest .rpm file from nmap's site and then install it in your system using alien and dpkg. You can of course compile it from source...

After the installation you will probably face the following error:
nmap: error while loading shared libraries: libsvn_client-1.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The solution is:

a) Install subversion:
 apt-get install subversion  

b) make this symlink:
 ln -s /usr/lib/libsvn_client-1.so.1.0.0 /usr/lib/libsvn_client-1.so.0  

That's all. Now next time I'll face the same error I'll visit my blog to see the solution...

1 σχόλιο:

  1. Hello,

    Thank you.

    There may be some changes in the symlink depending on the platform.

    For Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, 32 bit OS

    sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libsvn_client-1.so.1.0.0 /usr/lib/libsvn_client-1.so.0

    worked!

    //Tamilselvan Shanmugam

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή